Monday 23 March 2009

How I got in this mess

Two years ago I was in a bad car accident. Someone coming the other way was speeding and lost control on a corner, slamming into me headfirst. Every day since then I've been in pain. I've been told I always will be.

There seemed no reason for the accident - it was a bright sunny day, the roads were dry and conditions were good. The other driver was just in too much of a hurry, and I pay for that person's haste every day.

I was cut out of the car and airlifted to hospital. I was terrified I had spinal injuries, because I was losing the feeling in my hands and feet, and my neck was really painful. I could hardly breathe because of the pain in my chest. The hospital did a myriad tests, and finally announced that I had no 'serious' injuries and would be fine in a few days, then they sent me home. I was in terrible pain, but they said it would clear up quickly. It didn't, and two years on, it still hasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment