Saturday 19 November 2011

Raging tinnitus

I was woken up at about 3am this morning by the most bizarre thing - appalling tinnitus.

I'm serious - it sounded like a badly tuned radio in the next room. There was an undertone of sound that resembled voices, talking and laughing, too low to make out any words, coupled with a low rumbling/murmuring/buzzing.

For ages I thought I was just hearing someone's radio. I still can't be certain that wasn't the case, except for the fact that wherever I went in the flat it was exactly the same, and blocking my ears made absolutely no difference. So it had to be coming from inside my own head.

The only reason I could think of for it was that I'd taken Etoricoxib that night (the anti-inflammatory, recommended by the doctor to help the extra pain from moving more), coupled with the fact that my 'ear eczema' has been bad for days, and I forgot to ask the doctor for some ear drops to treat it. I haven't looked at the SEs to check if it's a known problem, but I was terrified that, on top of everything else, I was now going to be stuck with tinnitus for the rest of my life. I've heard of people who have it for 25 years; I just couldn't bear that.

Fortunately, it was gone this morning and it hasn't come back, despite taking the Etoricoxib this morning. I hope to god it doesn't.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment