Tuesday 8 November 2011

Very pleased with myself

Big news today - I managed to go into the local town for an hour and a half, and I didn't then have to go and lie down for the rest of the day!

The last time I tried going out, I only made it through 45 minutes, and afterwards I was in agony and confined to bed. Today, I probably could have lasted longer, except the things I bought were very heavy (for me), and I couldn't carry them any more.

The pain did start to flare on the way back to the car, and I did take top up pills a couple of hours after getting back, but all-in-all, it was a roaring success.

It was all using the sling, of course, and the dislocating pain hasn't flared today. I did find, though, that the neck pressure got bad this afternoon with the sling on, so I took it off and was able to sit and move normally. Normally!

I even did some 'arm pedalling' to help free up my shoulder, as well as using my left arm as the primary one while it was not in the sling, for the same reason.

And finally...
I've just made arrangements to visit a friend - the first time I've been able to go to someone else's house in eight months.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment