Wednesday 21 December 2011

I think it's possible things could get a lot worse with this new therapy, before they get any better. And that thought terrifies me.

Already tonight I've had to take 35mg of OxyNorm, on top of the usual 20mg of OxyContin. The pain has exploded due to the extreme traction I've had to have my arm in all day, but that was the only way to ease the neck pressure. I'm still having to keep some traction, or the NP is too bad to sleep. But it's causing terrible shoulder pain, and the morphine is doing absolute nothing to help it.

I'm scared that, as my brain perceives its coping mechanism being taken apart, it will go all out to protect the ruse. Which will result in unbearable pain that the morphine is powerless over.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment