Tuesday 10 January 2012

I've started a new Bookmarks folder for web pages associated with things on the ever-growing list of what I'm going to do when I'm fit again.

The folder is called AS (After Shoulder) - in the manner of BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anno Domini) - because that's what that new period of my life will be called.

So far, it includes a fab kick-boxing class I've found just down the road, Oxford's Rock Choir, which is currently recruiting, Dara O'Briain's comedy tour, tickets on sale now, and the Clipper Round the World Sailing Challenge, which is now recruiting for 2013-14.

I've also added a couple of new things to the goals list - a rally driving day, and picking up the 'proper' cooking I'd started doing just before the accident. A rally school has already made its way into the AS folder.

It's frustrating that several of these things are happening now, because it makes me want to go now. I'm tempted to book the comedy tickets, but is it too early? The show's not till March, and I'm really hoping to go back to work at the end of March, so maybe it's worth the gamble.

Similarly, I want to join the Rock Choir. But it's a lot of money, and depends on me being able to go out every Tuesday night (or whatever day it is). That's just not feasible at the moment.

All of this sounds very positive. It's not as good as it sounds though. I'm doing it to try and cheer myself up, in the face of pain that's been going mad all evening and has resisted all the pills I've thrown at it.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment