Friday 28 October 2011

Rehab guy

As horrid as the rehab testing was, the guy who did it was very nice.

He was very considerate and respectful. I knew I in theory had the choice to decline any test, but I wasn't really sure they meant it. He was constantly saying I could stop whenever I wanted to though, and if there was anything I didn't feel able to do, I only had to say.

He seemed to listen carefully to everything I said, and he picked up on when I was trying to keep going but really didn't feel I could - he'd ask several times if I was sure I wanted to go on. Of course I didn't really *want* to do any of it, but I knew if I didn't cooperate, they'd just say they didn't have enough information to approve my claim. So I had to do as much as I reasonably could, whilst trying to avoid making things worse (which if course it did anyway, as I always knew it would).

Given that I was having to lie in bed with a strange man beside me though, he made me feel as secure as was possible in that situation. And of course there was the female chaperone he brought with him, but she was in the next room. I had feared that might happen, and was worried about it - anything can happen with someone in the next room, let's face it, it's happened to me before, repeatedly - but I actually felt OK about it.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment