Saturday 8 October 2011

Today was the first day in two weeks that I've been able to sit up in the mother ship to work on the DLA forms.

I needed to do the handwriting bit and I knew that doing it sitting up in bed would destroy my back, so I needed to do it in the chair.

I did 20 minute sessions of writing, stopping to rest for 15 minutes in between. I got two thirds done this morning, then had to stop when the back pain got too bad.

I spent the rest of the day in bed, dosing up on morphine, then managed to do the rest of the writing early this evening.

It was good, because I have to drive to the shrink and the doctor's surgery on Monday, which means I have to take it very easy tomorrow, ie do nothing.

I really wanted to get the handwriting done before the enforced break because it feels more satisfying, and means I only have one day's work to do (ie about an hour) and it can all be done lying down.

The only problem is that I'm now so close to it all being finished that having to stop for two days really wrankles.

I so want to just get the bloody thing out the way. It would take so little time, relatively-speaking, to finish it. But I know how bad things will be trying to drive an hour each way and sit in an unsuitable chair for an hour, if I've done anything other than just lie here tomorrow.

But argh!

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment