Monday 27 June 2011

Aircon

My entire day has been governed by temperature.

I spent the day in bed (or rather *on* bed) because it's been so hot, I had to have the aircon on in the lounge for the chins. But that's just too cold for me, and tends to make the pain worse. I came out and turned it off at 5, and started doing a few jobs in the lounge.

I'd taken a lot of morphine, because the pain remains bad (when I say 'a lot', I mean the current norm of double Oxycontin at one point during the day, as well as at night, plus a top up dose. [Today, the double dose was lunchtime, as it seems to have more effect then than first thing in the morning]). This meant that I'd also spent all afternoon dozing.

For some reason, doing those couple of little jobs seemed to trigger all the morphine in my system, and I suddenly came over really sick; the only thing that eased it was lots of cold air.

So for the past two hours I've been trapped in the lounge because i desperately need the aircon to ease the nausea. Thank god I've got it there, but Christ, everything's so fucking complicated!


7.45pm Of course the next problem is that I'm now due another top up pill. I need it - the pain is kicking off - but it's only going to make me more sick.

Pain or nausea, nausea or pain ...

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment