Monday 6 June 2011

Pedaller

I've taken delivery of a Pedal Exerciser that I'm hoping will help my back, reduce the instances of neck pressure and ease the numbness in my leg.

I was on the net last week looking for something to help me open the safety cap on the Lofepramine, since pharmacies seem incapable of following a simple request to use an ordinary bottle.

It proved a very difficult thing to find, and I ended up having to go for something that should help, but isn't perfect. The same site had a cup designed for use lying down without spillage (which I've been looking for for a while, and this pedaller thingy).

It's basically a pedal set that you use sitting in your armchair. It's meant for keeping a bit fitter despite mobility problems.

I'm not so bothered about that, but the swimming experiment last year proved that moving helps my back. I'm still too scared to try getting back in the pool because I'd have to go alone and I can't be sure the pain wouldn't leave me stranded, or unable to get dressed.

So I thought the pedaller would help because it would get my legs moving like swimming, whilst safe at home.

The numbness in my leg is worse the less I move and I think (hope?) that moving a bit more will help stave off a neck pressure attack. Hopefully, being able to use it in the Mother Ship will prevent any shoulder flare-ups.

The only problem so far is that putting the thing together has upset my back so much, it looks like it'll be days before I can use it...

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment