Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mind blowing

Emotionally-speaking, this has been an extremely intense few days.

My best friend sent me a book that she thought might be helpful. She will have no idea how profound it's effect has been, because I can't even put it into words to myself. But it's been even bigger than the meditation course last year.

Never mind the objective of 'curing' the pain (the author's inverted commas, not mine), it's been mind-blowing at an emotional level.

The book arrived with no note, and it totally freaked me out at first (till I started reading, and immediately got sucked in). She later apologised for not including a note, but said that for some reason, she couldn't find the words.

Having already read the book once since it arrived on Saturday and now being on my second read, I totally get what she means. I can't put into words the impact it's had/having on me either. But it's opened my eyes to a number of crucial things that have left me completely and utterly mind-blown.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment