Wednesday 22 June 2011

Small victory

There has been one improvement over the last couple of weeks, and I've been derelict in my duty by failing to put it up here.

I'm reading again. For months, I haven't been able to concentrate enough to be able to read. I've been stuck speed-reading things I've read hundreds of times before and which I hence know inside out and backwards. So all I've had to do is speed read the prose, then read the dialogue.

I'm now finding that I can concentrate better, and I'm steaming through books (which is a good job, because there's a huge backlog). I'm also back to having several on the go at once, currently:
One Day by David Nicholls
Heartstone by CJ Sansom
Sea of Lost Love by Santa Montefiore
and, of course, the magic pain book.

You'll notice that none of these is particularly high brow. They're better than the sword-and-sorcery fiction I was relegated to speed reading before though, and the trashy magazines that marked the absolute bottom of my concentration capabilities.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment