Friday 3 June 2011

Hitting the hard stuff

As expected, it was a dreadful night, and I've spent the morning driving all over the county trying to fix it.

I was awake for three hours before finally dropping off, only to be woken less than an hour later by the pain, which of course then meant taking more morphine.

I talked to the doc as planned this morning and he decided to switch me on to Temazapam. This one I've heard of, unsurprisingly, as it's a 'street drug'.

Because of the time it would take to get the script here by post, he said he'd fax it to the pharmacy, but when I called for a fax number, I discovered that because of it's 'street' pedigree, pharmacies will only accept an actual prescription. So I had to drive all the way to the surgery to get it, then find a pharmacy to fill it.

Luckily the pain responded to the two morphine pills I took before setting off, and I was OK till I was nearly home.

The chemist warned me that Temazapam is strong stuff and I'll start to feel drowsy between 30-60 minutes after taking it. So I should 'be sure to be lying down, so I don't fall and hurt myself even more'. It sounds pretty scary, buy I'm hoping this will mean it actually works. I'm so tired now, I'll try pretty much anything.

I probably shouldn't be surprised the original pills (Zopiclone) were so hopeless; years ago I tried one of the over-the-counter sleeping 'aids', (Nytol I think it was) and it was worse than useless. It relaxed my body but left my mind racing, and I woke up with enormous bags under my eyes, like I hadn't slept for a month. (No exaggeration, I looked like Thora Hird!). The Zopiclone didn't do that, but it didn't help me sleep either.

Let's hope this new 'hard stuff' does.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment