Sunday 19 June 2011

Anti-inflammatory

I never did get around to putting this on the blog, but I stopped the Etoricoxib a week ago.

It's a very strong anti-inflammatory that the pain clinic suggested a couple of years ago, but I never actually got around to trying because I then took the decision to come off all the meds.

The doc put me on it after the orthopod appointment, because the injection he gave me helped for a very sort time; the doc thought maybe an anti-inflammatory pill would help longer term.

Like the injection, it seemed to help by eliminating the electric shock pains that had been coming out of nowhere, and were completely debilitating.

It was very hard on my tummy though (as anti-inflammatories always are), so when I got to the point where I wasn't sure if it was doing anything any more, I stopped it, to see. I was right, it was no longer helping - there's been no increase in pain since coming off it. My tummy has been better though (and that's even with the very bad tummy pains yesterday - I know from experience, they'd've been a lot worse if I'd still be taking the Etoricoxib).

I'm not certain, but I felt at the time I came off it - and I still think now - that maybe I've got a bit of movement back in that arm. I had started to notice the dislocating feeling again (though not so much now) and I think - I think - I can raise my arm and move it a bit more than I could.

The orthopod said I'd get the use back in that frozen shoulder - it would be nice to think this were the start of that, but to be honest, I'm really not sure if I'm just imagining it.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment