Friday 10 June 2011

Sigh of relief

So this is what the afternoon looks like!

It's been days, if not weeks, since I've been able to be out of bed in the afternoon (having already been up all morning, mind you).

The last couple of days have been hideous, so it's such a relief to get a somewhat better day.

The pain is manageable - one top up pill so far, instead of four yesterday and the day before - I've managed to sit up for several hours, and I've even had a shower and washed my hair!

I have had neck pressure bubbling away, causing a bit of a screwdriver headache, pain in my face and a numb arm, but it's nothing compared to yesterday.

I wonder if this is all because I finally got some sleep (after lying there for hours in bad pain, and taking extra pills), or if I got the sleep because things were calming down? I guess I'll never know. Think I might treat myself, though, and watch a movie sitting up in the lounge!!


5pm Disappointingly, things didn't stay good. The shoulder pain and neck pressure has been spiking all afternoon; it's particularly bad now. I've caught up to the usual morphine amounts and I'm trying to avoid taking a migraine pill.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment