Saturday 23 July 2011

Fuck the pain!

I'm trialling a new approach to pain management that I stumbled across yesterday.

I was so sick of the endless pain and huge morphine quantities that I just started swearing at the pain. Telling it exactly what I thought of it and how vanishingly unimportant I thought it was.

The unexpected result was the pain went down. So after that, every time the pain spiked, I told it to 'fuck off!'. I was on double slow release pills all day because it had been so bad the last few days, but I managed to avoid any top ups (until midnight, when I found I couldn't go to sleep and control the pain all at the same time).

Today I've been on single doses without top ups, but lots of swearing, expletives and having a proper go at the pain.

I've been figuring out why it might be working, and I have some conclusions. I don't want to put them up here yet, I want to roadtest it properly first, but I think it's linked to the theories in the book my friend gave me, about chronic pain being based in childhood trauma.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment