Saturday 2 July 2011

Interesting...

So far today, I haven't taken any top-up morphine.

I've doubled two of the three slow release doses and it's worked well. I didn't double the lunchtime dose, so that I could still triple the evening one (as per the past week), to try and get me through the night.

I've slept quite a bit today and haven't actually tried to do anything. There have been a few worrying warning twinges of pain, but I've managed to ignore them.

I also did more research into the new drug the pain doc mentioned, and am less certain that the right answer is to stay as I am. I need to mull it over, but when I managed to get on the website and look at the actual trial results, I realised the allowable daily dose is a lot more than I thought, and I'm clearer now on how it actually works.

I found reports of it on a couple of pain forums, and everyone agreed it's no better than what I'm on. But 'everyone' is a bit misleading - the drug is so new, very few people have tried it. All the more because many people - actually, the majority expressing interest in it - are being denied it by their health trust, due to cost.

I think I would need to see some people on my levels of morphine saying it's better, to make me change over. And at the moment, those people are the ones saying it's not worth changing.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment