Sunday 31 July 2011

I'm scared to talk to my doctor or the shrink about my pain being rooted in psychology, because I think that'll just make them discount it as being 'all in my head', not real. When it clearly is real. But if they haven't read the literature, they might not get that.

And once something's said, you can't unsay it. This is hard enough without them being even less believing of me.

But if I can't say it out loud, with conviction, I'm afraid all of this work will be for nothing. Because if my brain doesn't see that I've truly rejected the 'distraction' pain and addressed the underlying issues, it'll just keep doing the same thing. Or it'll shift to a different manifestation of the same thing. And I'll be no better off.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment