Sunday 24 July 2011

Idiot

Shit shit shit shit shit.

I'm a fucking idiot.

I was feeling OK, the 'fuck the pain' approach had worked well yesterday and so today, I decided to do a few jobs that had been backing up for a while.

Because several of those jobs required a short drive, and the morphine has been making me too stoned for that, I pushed back the second dose of the day, so I could drive safely.

I'd done the other jobs first, was feeling OK and so I set off. Stupid stupid stupid. I should have rested a bit to see what the pain levels actually were. Instead, I let the adrenalin of success carry me along.

I got through the drive and the jobs OK, but was in quite a bit of pain by the time I got home. And it's got worse and worse, despite taking the missing slow release pill and a top-up dose. I'm now stuck in bed, in agony.

It turns out the 'fuck the pain' approach is no use whatsoever once the pain has flared.

I'm a fucking idiot.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment