Tuesday 24 May 2011

Lactase enzyme

Apparently, you can get pills of 'lactase', the enzyme the body needs to break down lactose, and which is missing in people who are lactose-intolerant.

I'm seeing the doctor on Friday, and I'll ask him about it then. I don't want to take it every day - I'm taking enough pills, thanks very much - but apparently it's good for one-off situations. So for instance if I have a friend coming to stay - like last week - or just coming to visit, like tomorrow, I can pop a pill or two and then get away with eating like a normal person.

If I'm ever again feeling up to going out to eat, it would also mean that I could order off the regular menu. This lactose-intolerance thing is so limiting, it would be nice to feel that ocassionally I could be free to eat what I want.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment