Monday 23 May 2011

Neverending

What a shit 24 hours.

The awful pain that kept me awake all night backed off for a few hours this morning, but then started up again. I didn't get any relief though, because the stomach problems caused by the morphine came to a head.

The shoulder pain started again around lunchtime, and its been getting steadily worse for the past several hours. I'm dreading tonight.

I've taken 70mg of morphine since midnight, I'm going to need at least another 10 quick release, and I'll have to take an extra slow release pill to help me get through the night.

It's hard to believe that just a few days ago, I managed a whole day on just 35mg.

On top of the shoulder pain, there's the continuing numbness in my right leg, niggling neck pressure and rising anxiety that's making me want to hide under the covers, burst into tears, or both.

I just feel completely overwhelmed by the endless symptoms and problems. There's never any let up. I don't know how to keep doing this, I really don't.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment