Sunday 8 May 2011

Me and my raisin...

I had an amazing experience with a raisin this morning.

I realise that sounds weird - and vaguely pseudo-sexual - but it's true. I did the 'mindful eating of a raisin' meditation from the new book the meditation teacher recommended, and it was really interesting.

The meditation basically has you eat three raisins whilst giving your entire attention to the process. You look at, listen too, smell, taste and finally consume the raisin with total concentration. It's amazing how different an experience it is from eating normally. Crucially, doing that redirects your attention, so for a little while at least, I wasn't conscious of the pain; that, of course, was the whole point of the exercise.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment