Saturday 28 May 2011

Sleeping pills

I have very mixed feelings about starting these sleeping pills tonight.

It was a struggle just getting hold of them -my normal pharmacy didn't have them in and I nearly disgraced myself by bursting into tears when she said it would be Tursday before she could get them in.

Fortunately, I managed to talk her into calling other pharmacies to see if anyone had them in stock. Someone did, and what's more it's a place I didn't know about, so it gives me another one to try each time. It's nearby, but requires negotiating a nightmare roundabout where you can sit and wait for hours.

Anyway, I got them, which means I'll be trying them tonight, but I'm scared of the kind of drugged-out feeling you often get with these types of things. But at the same time, the thought of actually getting some sleep is very attractive.

There's also the minor point of the side effects. I didn't read them all, but I could miss seeing the warning about it causing depression, psychosis and nightmares - a cheery thought. Oh, and guess what - they contain bloody lactose!!! Sigh.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment