Thursday 21 April 2011

Dysfunctional and sick of it

I hate that the depression takes away my sense of humour and makes me overreact to everything.

I take offense at ordinary everyday sarcasm, even though I know it's not meant. I take comments that are meant to be funny or acerbic personally, even though I know what's really being said. I get offended by people doing things in their lives that have absolutely nothing to do with me. Any kind of teasing, no matter how well meant, is utterly devastating to me: I just burst into tears.

The depression has left me so fragile and vulnerable that I can't function in the normal world. I have to hide myself away because if I didn't, I'd wind up driving away everyone I care about by my irrational, OTT responses.

When is this bloody medicine going to start working?

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment