Wednesday 27 April 2011

Panicking

Not only am I taking everything unnecessarily personally at the moment, I'm also getting obssessed by things, then panicking about them for hours on end.

Like yesterday, when I made that silly mistake driving, I then started obssessing about my car insurance. I let it autorenew this year - I followed the instructions, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be perfectly fine, but yesterday I became convinced it hadn't gone through and I was therefore driving illegally. I spent the rest of the trip there, the wait before the appointment and all of the drive home panicking about it.

This morning, I noticed something from work that had been awaiting my attention when I went off sick. Now I'm convinced my lack of response will ruin my chances of getting any kind of financial support if I'm off long term. And I'm panicking like mad about it. Reading something later on in the news about forthcoming cuts to benefits for those unable to work due to disability is making the panic even worse.

I need to find some way not to panic about these things - apart from just cutting myself off so I can't hear about them - but right now I don't know what that is.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment