Tuesday 13 September 2011

And after all that, the visit was lovely.

I was in a lot of pain and couldn't speak for most of it, but she chatted away and I got a brief respite from the pain towards the end that allowed me to talk.

Really nice to be back in touch, and to find that you really can pick up where you left off. It feels like a big achievement - like I've made a step back out into the world. Even though I never even got up off the bed.

My friend also told me about another friend who is similarly housebound and has apparently asked if I might be interested in chatting, because she finds it difficult not knowing anyone else in the same position. I feel the same way, so I suggested she get in touch.

As much as I love my friends and appreciate all they do, it would be nice to talk to someone else in the same predicament, because as hard as anyone else tries, they can never truly understand unless they've been there.

I'm still in an awful lot of pain today and I may be faced with the first situation where I have to consider going over my morphine limit (two at midday did very little, just taken three more but that only leaves one), but I feel pleased with my day.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment