Thursday 8 September 2011

Lots done

Successful morning - got a lot done - but my back's now very sore, even though all I've been doing is a bit of shopping, and fixing the chin cage.

It might be the latter that's the problem, because it meant some twisting and straining. The girls have chewed through the corner of their shelf so the screw was exposed. It could damage their teeth, or the shelf could come lose - given how they slam about in there, that could be very dangerous. So I needed to reattach it, further in.

One of the things I was shopping for was a hand drill, to make the hole in the shelf. Apparently, you can't get them any more, except online. Luckily, it turned out I didn't need the drill; the wood was soft enough to give way just to the screw. So, shelf fixed.

I also got the scart lead I need to hook up the bedroom video to the new freeview box. I think that'll have to wait though, because it requires bending and stretching, and right now I'm struggling even to stand up.

My little trip also yielded some very useful items from the 'hardware discount bucket': a magnifying glass (even with my reading specs, I can't read the back of one of my birthday CDs, though I feel ancient admitting it!), a boa constrictor jar opener and a clip-on reading light (so if things are bad again like Saturday, I can read without having to worry about getting up to turn out the light). All of these were a quid each - extremely good value.

And because I apparently haven't treated myself enough for my birthday, with all the Doritos and marshmallows(!), I also bought a Toffee Apple Crumble and soya yoghurt that I plan to stuff my face with later. Aside from my Mum's treacle tart, it's my favouritest dessert in all the world, and I'm totally looking forward to it!

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment