Thursday 25 August 2011

Best laid plans, and all that.

The pain was too bad last night, I had no choice but to top up just after midnight. It helped, after a while, and I did manage to sleep some.

I didn't take the planned slow release pill at 2am. I took the 6am one early, at 4, and only half the usual dose, all so I would be clear to drive at 7.30.

It worked - I was safe to drive, and the pain was bearable. It stayed that way through the drive there, the appointment and two-thirds of the trip back. The final part of the drive was excruciating, and so bad that I couldn't make it to the pharmacy.

I had to take the triple slow release dose and four top-ups before I could even get out of the car. But I'm home now, and safe in bed. The pills are starting to kick in.

Somehow, though, I still have to get to the chemist, or it's all been for naught.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment