Sunday 14 August 2011

The other sister

I've been borrowing DVDs from everyone lately.

The sister I don't get on with has lent me several, and she's given me quite a few to keep, where she'd recorded the programme off the TV, then bought the box set, and no longer needed the home-recorded ones. I've been very grateful.

I'd asked if I could borrow the latest ones in a series I'm following. She gave them to my other sister to bring over. As soon as I looked at them, though, I knew something was up. They weren't the box set ones, they were home-recorded, and I could see the handwriting on them wasn't hers. It was my dad's.

She claims to have no contact with him, because of him abusing her, but she's quite happy to accept his help right, left and centre. She'll get my mum to ask him to download stuff for her, print out 'covers' for programmes she's recorded, or copy DVDs.

I hate DVD piracy at the best of times. It pisses me off that my family think its fine. So it's bad enough that she sent me pirated copies of the DVD. But on top of that, they all know that when I say 'no contact' with my father, I mean No Contact. I will not have anything anywhere near me that's come from him. So it's bloody insulting to ask him to illegally copy DVDs and then give them to me.

This sister has zero social skills and takes everything personally, so I knew she would kick off at me rejecting the DVDs, but that's her problem. I texted her, putting it in the nicest terms possible, whilst still being clear that I was sending the discs back. What astounded me was that, although she confirmed they were from him, there was no hint of an apology for potentially upsetting me.

I think it would be basic common courtesy to apologise for something like that. But no, nothing. Fucking clueless.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment