Friday 12 August 2011

Electric shock pains

The electric shock pains are back. They started about an hour ago.

This is the worst of the many different types of pain I've experienced in my shoulder over the past four years. It's the one that used to regularly leave me stranded for long periods of time, the one that's the hardest to breathe through, the one that's most difficult to ignore. The pain streaks down my shoulder and through my arm, up into my neck and across my back. It feels like someone is attacking me with a cattle prod. It feels like torture.

And it's resisting the three top-up pills I've already taken. This pain was the reason I originally had to increase from one top-up pill to two, and from two every four hours to two every two hours. I'm already at three then two or three then three, two to three hours later.

I'm already doubled up on slow release pills. If the electric shock pains are back in force, then I am royally fucked. I will have no choice but to increase the morphine quickly and drastically. The etoricoxib helped to gradually bring the pains under control, but that won't help the immediate agony. Or the fact that my morphine levels will quickly reach a point that makes the doctor balk. And then he'll probably panic again.

The shrink has nothing left to offer (she cancelled on me today). The Complex Needs people couldn't have been less interested in helping me.The Pain Clinic is becoming little more than a glorified band-aid. If the GP panics and won't allow me enough morphine to give meaningful pain relief, I'm done.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment