Sunday 28 August 2011

Ten years

Ten years ago, I was becoming intimately familiar with the M6. I was travelling regularly up to Liverpool, visiting the Uni, looking at accomodation, finding my way around.

It was all so scary and so exciting; it felt like my life was just beginning. And it was. I was finally about to realise my ambitions of study for a degree, living abroad, becoming fluent in another language. I was moving far away from my family and my past. I was starting again, all on my own.

R and the life I lived with him - the life that always felt like it was someone else's - was becoming just a memory. The girl who needed power suits and promotions to feel that she existed was being replaced by one who lived to study and learn.

It was an amazing time and I loved every minute of it. There was so much possibility, so much potential. If I close my eyes, I can feel it all again. I just wish I could go back there.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment